New turf care equipment line offers solutions without sacrifice
By Linda Beattie, Schiller Grounds CareIn the highly competitive landscaping and turf care industry, time is money. The seasonality of turf care services and unpredictability of weather put added constraints on the professional’s time often requiring them to perform more jobs in less time to be profitable. In turf care, profitability often comes down to the equipment you use.
The turf care equipment environment is changing. Some traditionally bulky equipment is smaller, faster and easier to transport, more maneuverable and easier to use. There are new technologies that enhance performance and reduce or even eliminate once time consuming maintenance. These attributes alone can give the professional an edge through increased productivity and lower overall cost of ownership. The best thing about all of the above advancements is that you can find them all in one line.
Productive. Profitable. Proven. PRO.
The Classen PRO line includes the SA30 Stand-Aer® Stand-on Aerator, TA25 PowerSteer™ Walk-behind Aerator, HTS20 Hydro-drive Overseeder, TRS20 Hydro-drive Turf Rake and the HSC18 PRO Sod Cutter.
Step Up to Stand-onThe top-of-the-PRO-line Stand-Aer is three times more productive than a walk-behind and provides the best quality of core in the stand-on core aerator category. This unit has the speed and agility to cover 97,800 square feet an hour with added comfort features and a low-maintenance design that maximizes productivity. There are numerous truly innovative features in this unit that make this a stand-out among stand-on aerators.
The Stand-Aer features an automatic chain tensioning system that allows the drive-chain to self-adjust and maintain proper tension. This provides significant time savings over manual adjustment drive-chains and reduces the slippage and premature wear that can result from loose chains. Tine engagement is nearly as quick as the flick of a thumb and smartly located at the hand position of the operator console. The rider platform features shock absorbers for a smooth ride and flips up out of the way enabling the unit to be used as a walk-behind aerator. You can’t do this with foot pedal tine engagement units. This cool feature also saves 9.5 inches in trailer and storage space.
- 15 HP Kawasaki FS541V / Dual Hydro-Gear® ZT3200 transaxles
- Speed: 7.4 mph forward/3.1 mph reverse
- Unit dimensions (inches): L 60.5 platform up-69.5 platform down x W 47.25 x H 48
- Best Quality of Core®
- Dense 48-tine bank produces a tight hole pattern, pulling 10% more cores per square foot than the nearest competitive model
- Single pin depth setting locks the maximum tine depth in place from 2 – 5 inches for precise consistent cores
- Exclusive Hydra-Cool™ System
- Cools hydraulic oil to keep transaxles running cool
- Large 18” Grass Master Tread Drive Tires
- Gentle on turf, tallest on curbs (6” curb clearance)
Don’t Muscle the Turn. Power It.The Classen PRO TA25 PowerSteer is the only walk-behind aerator with power steering. Patented Classen split-drive technology allows the engine to power steering through the tines during operation. The design provides exceptional ease of use and agility you can’t get from any other walk-behind.
- Honda® GX160 engine
- Patented split-drive powers steering through the tines during aeration
- Combination throttle and belt tightener for smooth operation
- Simple controls to aerate straight, follow curves and turn left or right in forward and reverse
- Protective chain guards and heavy-duty non-lube ball bearings for durability
- Produces a 24.375” aeration swath covering up to 29,000 sq. ft. per hour
Thicker Turf Quicker
The Classen PRO HTS20 Hydro-drive Overseeder produces the tightest seed placement in the industry, placing 13 rows of seed per 20” swath. A floating seed box follows the contours of the terrain and locks in place for slope seeding.
- Honda® GX270 engine and Hydro-Gear® T2 transmission for smooth power flow at speeds up to 3 mph forward / 1.5 mph in reverse
- Tightest seed coverage
- Narrow blade spacing places 13 rows of seed per 20” swath
- 26 heat-treated double edged blades for double the blade life
- 40 lb. capacity floating seed box
- Follows the contours of terrain and locks in place in for slope seeding
- Seed dial and onboard instruction chart
- Turf tread flotation tires
- Added stability for seeding on hills and slopes
- Produce less pressure per square inch reducing soil compaction and tire ruts
- Folding handle
- Compact storage and transport
The Grass Will Never Be GreenerThe Classen PRO TRS20 Hydro-drive Turf Rake powers through the thickest thatch quickly and easily. Multiple blade reels allow you to dethatch or slice any grass type. A hydrostatic drive provides smooth power in both forward and reverse reducing operator fatigue.
- Honda® GX160 engine
- Infinitely variable speed up to 3.4 mph forward with powered reverse
- Treaded rear drive wheels for grip and stability on hills and slopes
- Lightweight design makes for easy end of row turning
- One machine many turf care jobs
- Can be converted to a turf seeder or vertical slicer in minutes
Simplified Machine. Serious on Sod.
The HSC18 PRO Sod Cutter is the most compact, fastest, easily maneuverable and versatile sod cutter in the industry. This unit makes quick work of any cutting job with a 4.7 mph transport speed, integrated rear swivel wheel and the ability to power the most cutting blade sizes in the industry.
- Model options: HSC185 w/Honda® GX160 or HSC188 w/Honda® GX240 engine
- Compact unit size
- HSC185: 52″L x 24.5″W x 38″H
- HSC188: 55″L x 24.5″W x 38″H
- Hydro-Gear® transaxles provide smooth power flow in forward and reverse
- Industry best transport speed, up to 4.7 mph
- Integrated rear swivel wheel makes turning and cutting curved beds easy
- Locks in place for precise straight line cutting
- Vibration isolation mounts in the handle smooth operation
- 18” cutting blade standard
- Optional 12”, 16”, 20” and 24”* blade assemblies
- 24” blade for GX240 engine only
The Classen PRO line provides innovative productive solutions without sacrifice. To learn more about Classen turf care equipment, visit classenturfcare.com.