Classen Turf Rakes are versatile and portable dethatchers. These units feature fold down handles for easy transport and storage. Optional attachments are available for turf overseeding and vertical slice aeration.
Turf Rake – Walk‑Behind
- • This turf rake is everything but standard!
- • Multiple blade options available to dethatch any turf
- • Converts in minutes to an overseeder or vertical slice aerator
- • Our most compact and easy to use turf rake
- • Fold-down handles for easy transport
- • 2-Year Warranty
- • Honda® GX160 or Briggs & Stratton® Intek engines
- • Available in your choice of standard flail blade or spring tine reel
- • Versatile and compact 20″ turf dethatcher
- • Folding handle for easy and convenient transportation
- • TR-20 models features 28 heat–treated flail blades with spacing of 11/16″ standard adjustable up to 1-3/8″
- • TR-20R models feature a spring tine reel with 104 individual spring tines that are surface treated for 50% added strength and life.
- • 5-position, single action height adjustment.
- • Heavy-duty, greasable bearings with cast iron housings
- • Wheels have sealed bearings and semi–pneumatic tires
- • Can be converted to a turf seeder, or vertical cutter in minutes
- • Partial and Complete Reel Assemblies are available to retrofit your existing Classen TR, TRC, or TRS model
Standard Turf Rakes With Flail Blades – Model Chart
|Dimensions||40" H x 27" W x 44" L||40" H x 27" W x 44" L|
|Dimensions (handles folded)||29.5" H x 27" W x 30.5" L||29.5" H x 27" W x 30.5" L|
|Dry Weight||135 lbs.||135 lbs.|
|Engine||Honda® GX160||Briggs & Stratton® Intek|
Standard Turf Rakes With Spring Tines – Model Chart
|Dimensions||40" H x 27" W x 44" L|
|Dimensions (handles folded)||29.5" H x 27" W x 30.5" L|
|Dry Weight||135 lbs.|
Multi-purpose blades: Deep slicing blades for thatch a 1/2” or deeper. Ideal for harder soils. Commonly the standard blade real on overseeders where deeper soil slicing is necessary. The unique design of the blades, with a cutting edge on both ends, doubles the blade life.
Vertical slicer blades: Sharpened on both sides, designed to slice through surface root grasses like Bermudagrass. Also exceptional for use as an aerator for sandy soil grasses.
Flail blades: Common standard blade used to treat moderate thatch levels. Ideal for deep rooted grasses. Blades both lift thatch and thinly slice soil surface.
Spring tines: Ideal for annual thin to moderate thatch control. Pliable tines gently rake through the grass without slicing the soil or causing damage to above ground implements like sprinkler heads.
Note: Only use vertical slicer blade dethatchers on surface root grasses like Bermudagrass.
Available Reels For Turf Rakes
Partial assemblies include tines and shaft
Complete assemblies include blades or tines, shaft, end plates, bearings, pulley, hardware
S – Standard on unit | O – Optional accessory | N/A – Not Applicable
|Turf Rakes||Complete Blade Assemblies|
|Turf Rakes||Partial Blade Assemblies|